Maize / Corn / Makai Price in Pakistan Today 2024
Maize (corn) is a major staple crop in Pakistan and is widely grown for food and feed purposes. It is the third largest cereal crop grown in the country, after wheat and rice. The majority of maize grown in Pakistan is used for animal feed, with the remainder being used for human consumption and industrial purposes such as starch production. The main maize-growing regions in Pakistan are Punjab and Sindh provinces.
The Maize (corn) price in Pakistan today 2024 is updated on this page whatisprice website. The Pakistani government provides various forms of support for maize farmers, including subsidies for seed and fertilizer, credit, and extension services.
آج کا مکئی کا ریٹ – قیمت فی 40 کلو گرام پیک
|District / City
|Minimum Rate Per 40 KG
|Maximum Rate Per 40 KG
|Dera Ismail Khan
|Rahim Yar Khan
|Toba Tek Singh
What is maize :
Maize, also known as Corn, is a cereal grain that is widely grown for food and livestock feed. It is a staple food in many parts of the world, including Pakistan. Some of the properties of maize include being high in carbohydrates and protein and having a relatively low glycemic index.
Maize in Pakistan:
In Pakistan, maize is used primarily for food, feed, and industrial purposes. It is a major crop in the country and is used to make a variety of food products, including flour, grits, and corn oil. It is also used as feed for livestock, particularly chickens and cattle. In addition, maize is used in the production of industrial products such as starch and biofuels.
Maize in Pakistan Growth :
Maize production is an important contributor to Pakistan’s GDP. According to the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, the value of maize production in Pakistan was approximately $3.3 billion in 2020, making it the third-highest value crop in the country behind cotton and wheat. Additionally, the agricultural sector accounts for around 21% of Pakistan’s GDP, so maize production plays a significant role in the country’s overall economic growth.
Maize uses in Pakistan:
- Food: Maize is a staple food in Pakistan, used to make various products such as flour, grits, and corn oil.
- Feed: Maize is used as feed for livestock, particularly chickens and cattle.
- Industrial uses: Maize is used in the production of industrial products such as starch, corn syrup and biofuels.
- Cereals and snacks: Maize is used in the production of cereals and snacks such as corn flakes, popcorn, and corn chips.
- Animal feed: Maize is used as animal feed for poultry, cattle, and fish.
- Beverages: Maize is used in the production of soft drinks, beer, and whiskey.
- Pharmaceuticals: Maize is used in the production of certain pharmaceutical products such as glucose and dextrose.
- Cosmetics: Maize is used in the production of certain cosmetic products such as body lotions and creams.
- Paper: Maize is used in the production of certain types of paper such as corrugated cardboard.
- Adhesives: Maize is used in the production of certain types of adhesives such as corn starch glue.
- Textiles: Maize is used in the production of certain types of textiles such as corn fiber fabric.
- Plastics: Maize is used in the production of certain types of plastics such as biodegradable corn-based plastics.
- Biodegradable plastics: Maize is used to make biodegradable plastics that can be used in packaging and disposable products.
- Ethanol: Maize is used to produce ethanol, which is used as a fuel additive and a solvent.
- Cooking oil: Maize oil is used for cooking, frying and in the production of margarine and shortening.
- Starch: Maize is used in the production of corn starch, which is used in a wide range of products including adhesives, paper, and textiles.
- Sweeteners: Maize is used to produce sweeteners such as high-fructose corn syrup and dextrose.
- Industrial alcohol: Maize is used to produce industrial alcohol, which is used in the production of a wide range of products including perfumes, pharmaceuticals, and cleaning products.
- Biodegradable packing materials: Maize is used to make biodegradable packing materials such as corn-based foam.
- Biogas: Maize is used as a feedstock to produce biogas, which can be used as a source of energy.
Maize Industries and products of maize in Pakistan:
It is a well-known fact that Pakistan is an agricultural country and maize is one of the most important crops in Pakistan. Therefore, there are likely many industries involved in the production, processing, and distribution of maize in Pakistan. These industries may include those that grow, harvest, and process the maize, as well as those that manufacture products made from maize such as flour, corn oil, and animal feed. Additionally, there are also likely trading companies and export businesses that specialize in exporting maize and maize-based products from Pakistan to other countries.
Mostly Asked questions about maize production in Pakistan:
Q: What are the major regions in Pakistan where maize is grown?
The major regions in Pakistan where maize is grown include Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Balochistan.
Q: What are the major challenges facing maize production in Pakistan?
Some of the major challenges facing maize production in Pakistan include water scarcity, lack of modern farming techniques, lack of proper storage facilities, and pest and disease infestation.
Q: What is the role of government in maize production in Pakistan?
The government plays a role in supporting maize production in Pakistan through policies and programs aimed at increasing productivity and profitability, such as providing subsidies for fertilizers and seeds, investing in research and development, and building storage facilities.
Q: How does climate change affect maize production in Pakistan?
Climate change can affect maize production in Pakistan by leading to changes in temperature and precipitation patterns, which can lead to crop failures, reduced yields, and increased pest and disease pressure.
Q: How does the use of genetically modified maize seed affect maize production in Pakistan?
The use of genetically modified (GM) maize seed can potentially increase yields and reduce the use of pesticides, but there is also concern about potential negative impacts on the environment and human health.
Q: What are the export opportunities for maize and maize-based products from Pakistan?
Pakistan has export opportunities for maize and maize-based products in the region, particularly in neighboring countries such as Afghanistan, Iran, and China.
Q: What are the major maize-based industries in Pakistan?
Some major maize-based industries in Pakistan include feed manufacturing, starch and glucose production, and biofuel production.
Q: What are the major maize-based food products in Pakistan?
Some major maize-based food products in Pakistan include corn flour, corn grits, and corn oil.